I really am. My life has been topsy-turvy for the past three months – hence the less posting. I have even less time to knit! I hate that! But since I can’t live without my knitting, I’m grabbing two minutes here… 5 minutes there. Plus my schedule is so that it’s barely light when I get up and dark when I get home so no available light for photos and I’m very resistant to taking photos with flash … but it looks like I may have to if I’m gonna get any photo at all.
In knitting news…
I’m working on my second periwinkle beret (yes, in blue) and am just loving it. I’m in the stockinette part of the hat and it’s great. I have about 1/2 inch left to go before the decreases. It really is a quick knit despite how long it’s taking me to finish it.
In spinning news…
There has been no spinning in over a month. *sigh*
I hope to have more updates (and pictures soon). I actually have two posts that I’ve written out longhand. I just gotta find the time to type them up and take the pictures.
Thank you very much for the well wishes. I greatly appreciate them and yes, three weeks later, I am finally feeling better.
On the fiber front, not much is going on so sorry, no pictures at this time.
First off, I started a double knit wool hat. Then I stopped the double knit hat. Why? Gauge. My gauge was way off ’cause the pattern did not indicate if gauge was in regular or double knit stockinette. I based it on regular stockinette. Therefore, my 21″ hat became a 26″ hat. (go ahead and laugh…) Luckily I was only about 4-5 rows in. I’ll try that one again later.
I’m still working on these socks. The good news is that I’m at the ribbing so I’ll finally get these off the needles and I can start a new pair of socks. The question is… for whom. However, there is no question that I will be using US size 3 needles. No more of this US size 2 stuff for a bit.
Also, I have a question about alpaca. I have family who is allergic to wool but I still wanna make some socks for them. I’ve read that alpaca is more hypoallergenic than wool, but I’d love to hear from someone who knows for sure.
Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned. I bought some yarn for a new Periwinkle Beret. Pictures coming soon! (Guess what color yarn? )
I’m currently at a loss. I have several creative endeavors that I enjoy. And somehow over the last couple of weeks I’ve been unindated with ideas, inspiration and a multitude of possibilities for all of them and I am overwhelmed and can’t seem to choose what to do first so I end up not doing any of it. (and on the knitting front, it doesn’t help that my Knit Picks order is taking forever and I don’t have the needles to do the projects I have planned!)
So this is one of the reasons why I’m so quiet.
But I am knitting… with this yarn…
Take care and enjoy your week!
…but I’ve been feeling poorly this week and kept telling myself that I’d post ‘tomorrow’. At this rate I’ll never post, so here I am. and I had a whole lot I wanted to say… now let’s see if I can remember any of it.
- I saw something cool today (and it was a very chilly day), I saw a woman knitting in public. Honestly, except on an airplane, I’d never seen it before. She had metal needles and was knitting with orange yarn. I couldn’t tell what she was knitting… but it was cool to see.
- I bought ‘More Sensational Socks’ today! I love love love it! I can’t wait to try some of the stitch patterns. Nuthin’ like a new book to inspire you to to finish a current project so you can start a new one…and the current project I’m speaking of is, of course, the Amethyst Socks. I’m almost done with Sock 1, I’m at the ribbing and I really want to cast on for the next sock very soon to avoid SSS. And if I can help it, I’ll not do one sock at a time again. It seems to take much longer and I don’t like that. I’ll post pictures of the sock as soon as it is finished!
- tiennie tagged me with a meme! … so here goes:
- Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs the 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
- I chose mostly knitterly facts:
- This is my first meme!
- April 22nd was my 1st Blogiversary and I totally forgot about it.
- I really want some sock blockers from here. I love the hearts ones.
- I prefer knitting socks, toe-up and hats, top down
- I love knitting more than I hate math … which is why I am still knitting.
- I read lots of knitting blogs, but the ones on my side bar are the ones that have truly inspired me in some way
- A year ago, I did not have a knit stash. I bought my first skein handdyed wool from David T. Daniels (The ‘T’ stands for ‘The Enabler’ ) and the rest is history.
- Most of the people who I would have tagged have all ready been tagged … so I tag Marce.
I’m sure I had more to say, but I cannot remember now. Enjoy the rest your day!
First I want to say ‘thank you’ for all the nice comments on my last post.
Ok… on with the update:
- I finished the Very Special Socks! I called the recipient to let her know they were finished. She said “Great! Just in time for summer!” .. *rolls eyes* .. Everyone’s a comedian these days.
- I got my match for Sockapalooza 4! I just ordered the yarn and I believe I found a pattern!
- I’m once again working on the heel of my Amethyst socks. Size 2 needles are small, did you know that? I can’t imagine using size 1 & 0 …
I guess that it for now. Hopefully I’ll have pictures to share next time!
TGIF! (I know it’s Thursday… but a gal can dream, can’t she?)
Here’s the Very Special Socks:
Here’s MY sock with Dave’s yarn:
Sorry to be low on details … I’m kinda bummed, that along with my hayfever symptoms this year, I’ve (re)discovered that I’m allergic to wool. I know that there are alternatives and I will definitely explore them. This just puts a crimps in knitting AND spinning project ideas that I have for the next few months.
How many days until Friday??